Showing all 2 results
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a narcotic medicine that is sometimes also known as opioid drugs. This medicine is also available under the brand name of Dolophine. It is among the most popular prescriptions for opioid maintenance therapy and pain relief.
The primary ingredient of this medicine is opioid, a controlled substance of schedule II under the controlled substances act. That means you will need a prescription from a doctor if you are willing to buy Methadone online or from a local drugstore.
What are the uses of Methadone?
Methadone reduces the withdrawal symptoms in those who are addicted to heroin or other narcotic substances. It does not result in the high people get from opioid addiction and help the person recover quickly. It may only take a month or even less time to complete the detoxification process using this medicine.
Doctors can also prescribe it for pain management therapy, but this medicine’s primary use is to detoxify drug addiction and help in maintenance programs. This drug keeps the withdrawal symptoms under control and keeps the person from relapsing into their opioid addiction.
What precautions to take while using Methadone?
Before taking Methadone, you should make sure to take some precautions that will help you avoid facing the adverse effects of this drug.
- Only buy Methadone online if you have a doctor’s prescription. Using it without consulting with a doctor can be dangerous.
- Make sure you don’t have any allergies to opioids before using this medicine.
- Try not to mix this medicine with alcohol and similar intoxicating substances, as using alcohol and marijuana with this medicine can increase the severity of the adverse effects.
- Other prescription or over the counter medications if used along with this drug, can change how your body might react to it. Before starting the treatment, inform your doctor about the medicines you are taking.
- Some psychological and physical issues can interfere with the proper functioning of this medicine. It is vital to let your healthcare provider know if you have any medical problems like kidney or liver disease, head injury, breathing problems, etc. before using it.
- Try not to use this drug if you are pregnant or breastfeeding because it can harm the health of unborn kids and infants.
What are the side effects of Methadone?
The following are some side effects that you might experience while using Methadone. Usually, not everyone who uses this medicine faces these symptoms, and even if they do, these sings are relatively mild and don’t cause inconvenience for long.
Common side effects
- Stomach pain
Serious side effects
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Shallow breathing
- Low blood pressure
- Fast heartbeat
- Runny nose
- Loss of appetite
These symptoms require immediate medical attention. Call 911 or your doctor if you find yourself facing these life-threatening symptoms.