Showing all 14 results
What is Oxycontin?
Oxycontin is an opioid analgesic (pain medication) that is available in the extended-release form. It is a potent prescription medication that helps treat severe pain.
The DEA classifies this medicine under schedule II of the controlled substances act, which means you will require a doctor’s prescription if you want to buy Oxycontin online. Using this medicine without consulting a doctor can be dangerous, as you might develop an opioid addiction if you consume it for prolonged periods.
What are the uses of Oxycontin?
Doctors prescribe Oxycontin to treat patients with severe pain who require round the clock treatment. It is an extended-release form of the opioid medication, which means once you take this medicine, it will slowly start releasing the drug and stay in your system for a long time.
Doctors recommend this drug to manage severe pain when non-opioids and other immediate-release medications fail to provide any considerable amount of relief. Because it works over a prolonged period, doctors advise not using this medicine on an as-needed basis for pain that is not severe enough to warrant round the clock treatment.
What precautions to take while using Oxycontin?
If you are experiencing severe pain and want to buy Oxycontin online, you should consult with a professional to know what you should and should not do while using it. Here are some precautions a person should take if they are consuming or planning to use Oxycontin.
- It can cause breathing problems, so people with conditions like asthma should avoid it.
- Other physical and psychological conditions might also interact with this drug, so let your doctor know about them before using it.
- Prescription and over the counter medicines can also influence the working of this drug. If you are using any medications, tell your doctor before starting the treatment.
- It can be habit-forming, so try not to use it for more than the recommended period.
- Taking more than the prescribed dose can result in an overdose, which might be fatal.
- It can cause complications during surgery, so if you are to undergo surgery, let the healthcare professional know about your usage of this medicine.
- Certain substances like alcohol and marijuana can increase Oxycontin’s side effects severity, so avoid mixing these intoxicating substances with this medication.
- Pregnant women should stay clear of this medicine, as it may harm the unborn baby.
- Women who are breastfeeding should also avoid this drug because it can pass into the breastmilk and cause undesirable effects on the infant’s health.
What are the side effects of Oxycontin?
Using this drug might result in some adverse effects that usually lasts for a few days and do not require any medical attention. If you face any severe side effects, you should stop taking it and seek out medical help.
Common side effects
- Dry mouth
- Decreased ability to feel pain
- Lack of appetite
- Stomach pain
Severe side effects
- Breathing problems
- Sleep apnea
- Extreme fatigue
- Severe allergic reaction
- Trouble urinating